The Boston Business Journal, in partnership with El Planeta, a regional Hispanic newspaper based in Boston, announced its first-ever 20 on the Move finalists. The project aims to highlight Hispanic executives making a difference in Boston.
The 20 finalists, chosen by a panel of judges hailing from the BBJ, El Planeta and the Greater Boston business community, serve in high-ranking positions throughout the Massachusetts economy and represent companies and civic organizations across a wide spectrum of industries. More than 100 nominations were submitted for review.
The BBJ and El Planeta will formally honor this year’s finalists Oct. 17 via a special editorial section and a breakfast event at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. Click here for more information about the event.
The 2008 20 on the Move Finalists:
* Marisol Arroyave — EMC Corp.
* Antonio Bullon, MD — Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
* Juan Alexander Concepcion — Nixon Peabody LLP
* Ralph de la Torre, MD — Caritas Christi Health Care
* Lucas Guerra — ARGUS
* Cynthia Izzo — KPMG
* Joseph D. Kringdon — Pioneer Investments
* Armando Llorente — Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
* Oswald Mondejar — Partners Continuing Care
* Juan Carlos Morales — Bank of New York Mellon Corp.
* David Morales — Commonwealth of Massachusetts
* Carlos Perez-Albuerne — Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
* Maria Recalde — Sheehan Phinney Bass Green PA
* Andrew Rodriguez — Deloitte & Touche
* Carol Sanchez — Sanchez & Santiago, LLC
* Diego Sanson — Monster Worldwide
* Inez Stewart — Childrens Hospital Boston
* Rosa Velasquez — Columbia Asset Management